Friday, October 22, 2010

W4_Reading


Ideas from my readings to shape my action research
Through my readings this week, I decided to take a look at how independent reading increases reading skills. I found scholarly work  that supports independent reading as a great way  to enhance reading skills in the classroom.  I am going to add some of the references I found to my reference list for my action research. I will use some of these resources to support my desire to have students blog about their independent readings. Here is one of the sources I will add to my reference list!

Toppings, K., Samuels, J., Paul, T. Does practice make perfect: independent reading quantity, quality, and student achievement. Learning and Instruction, 17 (3) 253-264. Retrieved October 22, 2010, from ERIC database.

No comments:

Post a Comment