Monday, October 11, 2010

PE1_Part1 GoogleForms


I decided, after looking at several applications, that I should focus my practical experience on Google docs, and items that can aid my action research project, blogging about books, this week. I turned my focus towards Google forms using the templates feature, as Google forms interests me, and I have little experience creating these forms. I found several templates I was able to adapt for my learning environment, there were a lot of amazing ideas submitted by educators around the world. One form I adapted can be sent to students participating in the book blogging research I will do for my action research project. It can serve as a conversation starter, and provide valuable research information for my project. This form can serve as a reading log for students to record what they are reading during their free time, how much reading they are doing during the project, and their attitudes about reading in an interactive way. I can have all students fill out this form as they complete books, and compare the reading of students who do and do not participate in the book blogging.

Reading Log created with Google forms template
Another form template I tweeked for my own class, serves a separate purpose. This form focuses on student reflections about reading. Although I would not use this directly for my action research, it is something I will have students fill out to show their understandings of readings we are completing for novels in our language art classroom, and for refections about the readings we are completing. Google forms is a great place to find templates that are easily changed to accommodate the learning taking place within one’s own environment. I love the fact that the forms are filled out on screen. This will appeal to students in my classroom.  Google forms can  definitely be quite useful in education!
Reading notes created with Google forms template

No comments:

Post a Comment