Saturday, October 16, 2010

PE6_Part 3 Action Research Design

This week I went back to my practical experience with Google forms and found a template I used to create a reading log for students to log their weekly reading during my action research project. Here is the link to the actual form.I can link the weekly reading log above to my blog post each week, so that I can track student reading, motivation to read, and if reading increases for the students as they blog throughout the cycles. 

I also created a second reading form for students to record books they complete during my action research project. I can provide a link directly on my blog post page for the form below, so students can access the form below anytime to indicate that they complete a book during my action research project cycle, and what book they complete. 

I tried out the book recording form for myself, and it actually creates a spreadsheet of the information gathered on the form. This will be an amazing tool to use as students submit their completed books and weekly readings during my research. The information appears right in my Google docs area on my computer in an organized spreadsheet. What a great tool for the classroom, and for all teachers to track student reading! Be sure to check it out! I am including a link for the reading form I created below.

Spreadsheet of student reading
Form students submit with book information as they finish reading books during the Tigers Talk Books Project

No comments:

Post a Comment